Statement of Commitment: Message from James McBean, COO.
At Northwest Protection Services Ltd., we strive to provide equal accessibility to all employees to provide a safe and comfortable work environment. We aim to meet the needs of its employees and customers with disabilities and are working hard to remove and prevent barriers to accessibility. Northwest Protection is committed to fulfilling our requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Chief Operations Officer
Northwest Protection Services Ltd
I. Past Achievements to Remove Accessibility Barriers
Below outlines a summary of the accessibility initiatives Northwest Protection Services Ltd. have completed:
- Remained in compliance under the Customer Service Standard
- Customers and employees may leave feedback on our website or direct contact via telephone
Information and Communication
- All documents are available in electronic format for easy accessibility for screen readers
Northwest Protection Services Ltd. is committed to providing a workplace environment with inclusive and accessible employment practices, and will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and onboarding process.
- Job interviews may be done remotely or in-person
- Documents such as job applications can be completed online or mailed to the office
- Scanned copies of documents are also accepted
- Mail Paychecks to residences, upon request
- Mail uniforms and other security related equipment or documents to residence, upon request
- Safety Ambassadors Program outreach at Toronto Youth Job Fair 2015
- Providing jobs for youth in at-risk communities to work at the biggest entertainment events in North America
- Mohawk University and Humber College Outreach to Police Foundations students
II. Strategies and Action
STRATEGIES AND ACTIONS OVERVIEW
|Monthly Accessibility Meetings||Ongoing||HR Department||Effective June 2021|
|Large Font on Website and Microsoft Word downloadable file||1-2 Weeks||IT Department||July 2021|
|Audible Website||6 Months||IT, Customer Service Dept.||December 2021|
|Electronic Cheque Payments||1 Year||IT Department, Payroll Dept.||June 2022|
|Mental Health and De-escalation Training||1.5-2 Years||HR, Hiring Manager||By June 2022|
|Online Employee Outreach||Ongoing||COO, Senior Manager, Hiring Manager||Effective June 2021|
- Northwest Protection Services Ltd. is committed to providing accessible customer service to people with disabilities. This means that we will provide goods and services to people with disabilities with the same high quality and timeliness as others.
- We will implement an electronic delivery solution for paycheques. This will cut out the need to travel to the office or be at a disadvantage by waiting an extra 5-7 business days for your cheque to be delivered directly to your house; all employees will receive their pay at the same time
Information and Communication
Northwest Protection Services Ltd. is committed to making our information and communications accessible to people with disabilities.
- We will have an audible accessibility option on our website
- Another current option would be to contact the Northwest Protection Services Ltd. office and one of our administrative staff will be happy to assist
Northwest Protection Services Ltd. is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
- More online recruitment presence using Indeed.com and Monster.ca
- Online Hiring Portal for quick and easy job applications. Job candidates may also call the NWPS office at (416) 787-1448 to have an office administrator assist in creating their online Employee profile and Application over the phone
Northwest Protection Services Ltd. is committed to providing training in the requirements of Ontario’s accessibility laws and the Ontario Human Rights Code as it applies to people with disabilities.
- All of our staff supervisors, on-site and in the office will also be trained on how to deliver instructions to staff with mental disorders and anxiety disorders. This will include:
- How to provide clear and concise instructions to the security guard that works under their supervision
- One-on-one instructions, upon request
- Written instructions, upon request
- Have staff anonymously disclose their disabilities to their supervisor and ask for assistance if required while at the job site
- Security guards may also disclose their disabilities to management staff to allow for a smoother on-site work experience for them prior to their shift
For More Information
For more information on this accessibility plan, please contact Christine Byrd by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Standard and accessible formats of this document are free on request.